Personal Care/ Medical Equipment Needs (1B)
Students with personal care/medical equipment needs may require overnight medical care, assistance with and maintenance of medical equipment, or other personal care as a result of their disability. Normally, this would primarily affect housing but might require accommodations if the student requires treatment during the academic day.
- Do you need specialized medical equipment?
- What are your needs related to such equipment?
- How often do you require assistance?
- What time of day do your attendants come?
- Will your attendants require parking permits?
- What accommodations or strategies have been effective in the past?
The Building Accepting Campus Communities (BACC) project was funded by the US Department of Education Office of Secondary Education grant #P333A080070-09. The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.